Monday, September 14, 2009

10 WAYS TO REDUCE WEIGHT FOR IT PROFESSIONALS



First of all, I am not a body builder. hmmn... I am little over weight also...This article is a result of my internet based research...I started my research by keeping the following things in my mind,

1. For me it will not be possible to go to gym everyday
2. As I am travelling frequently I can’t control my diet beyond some limit
3. I can’t fast.. When I feel to eat, I have to eat
4. In a week, at least 3 days it may be possible to find out one hour to do some workout
5. Instead of building body, my aim was keep the body weight under control and be healthy..

Eat Dinner Early

I am working with Samsung. I often visit South Korea. Here I observed one thing. People are healthy. Very rarely you will find an overweight person here. I visited the Samsung HQ canteen. The menu I found there also has high calorie items. Then how they are keeping their body weight and body shape?

The key is "EAT DINNER EARLY". Here people eat dinner at 6:30 PM. As per WHO (World Health Organization) this is the best time to have dinner. When you eat dinner early, most of the calories will be consumed before you sleep. So it avoids conversion of all calories in to fat and storing it in your liver and other part of the body.

You may find it difficult to sleep without having food just before that. Eat an apple or some fruits before going to bed. Half glass of milk also will do.

In our olden days when there was no electricity, people used to eat dinner before sunset. Those days’ people used to be healthy. Even all birds in nature stop eating before sunset.


Don’t go to lunch and dinner with hunger

When the glucose count in your blood goes low, you will feel hungry. Once you eat something, it will take 20 minutes to reach the blood. Within those 20 minutes you will eat enough to survive for one year. SO WHAT TO DO? When you feel hungry before lunch or dinner, eat some fruit like Orange or watermelon which is rich in fiber and having fructose content. Fructose will be absorbed in to blood and you will feel energetic...After 10-20 minutes, you can go for lunch or dinner. Now you will not feel that killing hunger and you can control the amount of food.


1/3 Policy

Prophet Mohammed told "Eat in such a way that, you fill 1/3 of your stomach with food, 1/3 with water and 1/3 leave for air". If anybody follows this I think he will never get any health problem in his life.

I know you can’t eat like this. But at least avoid loosening your belt or unzipping your pant after food. Stop when you feel that you ate enough. Don’t eat further due to taste. If you can control urge to eat further for 5 min, you will not feel to eat after that. You will feel good and avoid all stomach problems.


Find out some way to work out that you enjoy

This is very important. I saw so many people including me who join gym with lot of enthusiasm. After few days level of enthusiasm fades away and they stops.

The best way is find out some game that you enjoy. I enjoy playing badminton. Earlier I used to play regularly. But when I started my job, I rarely played any game. Now I am trying to find some time, so that I can play badminton. Pull your loved one to the game. Then you will enjoy it and you will be looking forward for all these game sessions.


Don’t diet rigorously

This is my experience. If I diet rigorously for one day, then next day I will develop craving for food and I eat like Bhīma for next two days. So avoid it. Eat small amount more times.


Lunch with mutton or chicken


If you are a hard core non-vegetarian, eat non-veg only during lunch. Non-veg food for dinner will be more harmful. While you are sleeping all those chicken or mutton fat will happily go and sit around your belly. Morning you can get satisfied with your lovely love handle :) So avoid non-veg during dinner. Try to use grilled meat instead of fried one.



Reduce your petrol bill; you will reduce your weight also.

When you are going to the nearby shop, don’t take your vehicle. Just walk that distance. When you want to go somewhere within 1KM, go by walk.

Don’t buy. Then you will not eat

Have a look at your list for purchase before going to super market. Ok, first you make a list of all things that you want to purchase. Make a big list. Add some chocolates, add some pastries.

Then sit on that bean bag. Cut all possible high calorie items. I ensure you, you will feel happy after the purchase. Like your weight your bill also will reduce. If we don’t have immediate access to all those chats and packed snacks, then we will not eat.


Is it white? I don’t like it. I will eat color full food to make my life colorful


Al most all harmful food comes in white color. See the list below ranked from first onwards

1. Salt (Salt is more dangerous than sugar. No other species adds salt to its food)

2. Sugar

3. White rice.

:) Now u know the list (Make a list of white food that you eat and find out substitutes for those)

See… all those animals are surviving without adding spice and salt to their food, still they are healthy. In South Korea, they avoid salt and sugar in food as much as possible. They include green leaves, carrot and other natural colorful food items in their food. That is also one secret of their health.


Do little accounting

Write down what you ate every day. You might have heard it already. Believe me..It works..

Write everything, then you will be wondered how much you are eating..Then try to cut some high calorie items slowly.

If you are crazy about chocolates... make it yourself... buy some nuts and dry fruits, boil little chocolate and put lot of dry fruits in this. Keep it in fridge. It will help you to avoid that high calorie chocolate bar.




6 comments:

  1. Wow!!!
    Really nice Tips...

    Are you following or just trying to experiment these on us...

    Do posting of such articles that will decrese the internet latency of my usage he he he.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kakkan, great tips!! And welcome to blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. I hope every one who reads this article will follow these tips.

    Good work Keep it up.
    Yours Truely,
    K.Mohammed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikkakka, Ngalu ithrem vallya aalaaya vivaram njaan arinjilla.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative and healthy tips to be sharing within your post. Thank you. Kalpana Srikaanth astrologer | Pancharatna gems Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete